Hooray!
So I figured I'd jump on the blog-wagon today:)
The very near future is going to bring a roller coaster of experiences, and I will share them with the cyberworld so that some poor kid along the road in my same situations can learn through my mistakes and triumphs and choose whether to do the same, or shake their heads..
or if someone needs a laugh--or cry, they can just read the stories of my upcoming life..
yea,
here's the EPIC situation at hand..
I leave for college in 4 days!
I have 3 boxes packed so far..
and though my first payment is covered by a student loan,
I have no idea where sufficient funds to pay for the other two (for the semester) is going to come from.
Lesson 1:
Kids, do well in high school so you can get some sort of scholarship to cushion the TREMENDOUS expense of a good ol' diploma. Big name colleges these days cost an arm, a leg, and half your brain--so what's the sense in going if you don't have someone else paying for it??!?
There is the option of doing a 2x2 program starting at junior college and transferring to university to save money,
but I WANT TO GO AWAY TO COLLEGE!--as do most of you..
so I will try to do this--the hard way..
and I'll tell you all about it, so that you can be more prepared..
uh-huh...
so
I'll be IHOP'in it for now, as far as money is concerned...
but kids, minimum wage is not going to get you far.
Lesson 2:
Parents please save for your kids' college... SAVE SAVE SAVE..
start saving a little at a time while they are still young so that by the time they hit the ripe old college age they won't have to rip their hair out in stress of not knowing how to pay for the education the world insists they MUST have. :)
well... that's all for now folks..
more lessons to come.. ;)
<3 Nicole
[semper fi]
No comments:
Post a Comment